Play in a secure environment with effective adult support allows the children to explore, investigate and enjoy the learning experience. We help them to practice and develop ideas, concepts and skills in a unique and non-threatening way, without fear of failure.
We deliver the early year's curriculum in a number of ways, through:
- Construction and small world play
- Treasure baskets that contain a variety of different objects to help stimulate babie' senses, large and fine motor skills and experiences
- Large and fine motor skills and experiences
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Role play and imaginative opportunities
- Water, sand and malleable experiences
- Stories, rhymes and songs
- Mark making (the marks that children make through a range of media, such as paint, water, sand, pencils and the meanings that they give to them)
- Outdoor opportunities including Forest School
- Exploring and investigating science and nature
- Dance, music and sensory experiences
We believe that children are active learners from birth and that if we provide them with the right environment, support and experiences, it will help to encourage their curiosity, imagination and creativity. We also need to ensure that we stimulate each child emotionally and intellectually by providing the best circumstances to promote active learning.